The Digital Scholarship Centre offers access to gaming consoles and our VR studio can be used for learning, testing and experiencing VR content.
The DSC has one HTC Vive Pro VR system, an industry-leading VR kit that offers a high-definition display and advanced motion tracking. Experiences and games we currently provide include Google Tilt Brush, Google Earth, Beat Saber, Free Diver and more.
VR Studio Policy
- VR studio is bookable by the University of Alberta, faculty, staff, and students
- Maximum occupancy – 3 people
- VR Studio and all equipment are for academic, non-commercial use.
- First-time users need to complete a tutorial with a designated DSC staff member
- No food or drink in the VR studio
- Equipment cannot be removed from the room
VIDEO GAMES & GAMING
The Digital Scholarship Centre is an academic centre designed for hands-on learning. We are pleased to offer a gaming space for those wanting to experience and learn video games.
The gaming studio has two video game consoles: a Nintendo Switch and a PlayStation 5. We have a small selection of games, these include:
- Zelda Breath of the Wild
- Animal Crossing
- Super Mario Maker
- Super Mario Odyssey
- It Takes Two
- City Skylines
- The Sims 4
- Horizon Forbidden West
- God of War Ragnarok
You can also bring a game for the consoles if you wish.
Gaming Studio Policy
- 2-hour bookings per person, per day during DSC open hours.
- You can bring others with you for your gaming studio session but the room capacity is a maximum of five people.
- No food or eating in the gaming studio. Drinks with lids are permitted.
The DSC provides access to a variety of virtual reality and gaming software. This includes Terragen 4, Autodesk Maya and Eagle. Our high computers have a large RAM capacity to handle data-heavy media projects. You must book a time to use the computers. Visit the Software page for more information.