AUDIO RECORDING BOOTH
The DSC has a two-person soundproof Whisper Room Model 6084S which includes:
- Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headphones
- Audio-Technica AT4040 Condenser Microphone
- Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen Digital Audio Interface
- Ableton Live Recording and Mixing Software
- An Ableton Push controller is available for use in the centre and must be requested separately.
The DSC has an Epson 12000XL-PH large format flatbed scanner available for booking.
Good for digitizing print materials, photographs, slides, negatives
12.2″ x 17.2″ scanning area
Up to 2400 dpi optical resolution
The scanner is set up with a high-performance Mac computer and on an adjustable-height, accessible desk. This workstation has the basic software needed to scan and edit image files.
- We recommend you bring a USB or external hard drive if you are scanning many large files to speed up the process.
- A transparency unit for slide/negative batch scanning and colour/grey cards for colour balancing are available to borrow (by request).
- For specialized software for more advanced post-processing of digitized images (Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DSC provides access to a variety of media production software on our high-performance computers (HPC). This includes Audacity, Adobe Creative Suite, Hindenburg, Reaper, and Autodesk tools for Animation and VR. These computers have a large RAM capacity to handle data-heavy media projects. You must book a time to use the computers.