Due to the continuing threat of Covid-19, access to media production tools has been suspended. Our staff remain available to assist remotely with project design and software training but the usage of recording and production equipment will not be possible until further notice.
Our centre has a range of audio recording and production equipment that can be used for creative projects and research.
Audio Recording & Production
AUDIO RECORDING BOOTH
The DSC has a two-person soundproof Whisper Room Model 6084S which includes:
- AudioTechnica ATH-M40x Headphones
- AudioTechnica AT4040 Condenser Microphone
- Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen Digital Audio Interface
- Ableton Live Recording and Mixing Software
- An Ableton Push controller is available for use in the centre and must be requested separately.
ZOOM H6 AUDIO RECORDERS
The DSC has five all-in-one audio recorders that can be borrowed and used outside the DSC. These recorders are ideal for interviews, focus group settings or recording live music performances.
The recorders can be borrowed out of the centre for 1-7 days.
Photography and Video
CANON 80D CAMERA KIT
The Canon 80D Camera is a robust DSLR that can shoot both still images and video. The DSC has the Video Creator Kit which includes:
- RODE VideoMic GO directional mic
- Extra batteries and battery charges
- A separate SD card to USB card reader
- The DSC also has an accompanying Ulitmax 75″ tripod to go with the camera kit.
RICOH THETA SC 360º CAMERA
With the RICOH THETA SC researchers can capture full circular shots of spaces. The camera includes these features:
- Captures 360° fully spherical images and videos
- Smatre Smapole Q3 tripod
The camera kits can be borrowed out of the centre for 1-7 days
The DSC provides access to a variety of media production software on our high-performance computers (HPC). This includes Isadora, Adobe Creative Suite and Audacity. These computers have large RAM capacity to handle data-heavy media projects. You must book a time to use the computers.
While physical access to computers is closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we can provide remote access to computers, please contact us.